Stainless steel wire mesh: 304 or 316?
304 Stainless steel wire mesh generally provide the most corrosion resistance because of high amounts of chromium,it is an excellent choice when corrosion resistance is important. 316 Stainless steel wire mesh is similar to 304 Stainless steel wire mesh, but it has molybdenum as part of its chemical makeup, further increasing its corrosion resistance.
where 304 Stainless steel wire mesh may be the better choice:
· The application requires excellent formability. The higher molybdenum content in 316 can have adverse effects on formability.
· The application has cost concerns. 304 is typically more affordable than 316.
MAISHI MFG. GROUP 304 wire mesh http://www.cnmaishi.com/products/16.html
where 316 stainless steel wire mesh may be the better choice:
· The environment includes a high amount of corrosive elements.
· The material will be placed underwater or be exposed to water consistently.
· In applications where greater strength and hardness are required.MAISHI MFG. GROUP provide both 304 and 316 stainless steel wire mesh, on request, meet your unique requirements.
MAISHI MFG. GROUP 316 wire mesh http://www.cnmaishi.com/products/17.html
Disclaimer: Please note this information is not to be used for design purposes, and in NO event shall MAISHI MFG. GROUP be liable for any damages arising from the misuse of this information.