The difference between 316 and 304 stainless steel wire mesh
The high amounts of chromium and nickel give 304 stainless steel wire mesh excellent corrosion resistance. Maishi Wire mesh Manufacture Group can make 304 stainless steel wire mesh with applications of below:
1. Appliances such as refrigerators and dishwashers
2. Commercial food processing equipment
5. Heat exchanges
6. Structures in environments that would corrode standard carbon steel.
While 316 contains 16% chromium, 10% nickel and 2% molybdenum. The molybdenum is added to help resist corrosion to chlorides (like sea water and de-icing salts). So 316 SS is considered as one of the most suitable choices when selecting an austenitic stainless steel for marine applications.
Also 316 SS has very good heat resistant and oxidation resistance to a temperature of approximately 1600oF in intermittent service and to a temperature of 1700oF in continuous service. Other common applications of 316stainless steel include:
1. Chemical processing and storage equipment.
4. Marine environments, especially those with chlorides present
Maishi Wire mesh Manufacture Group can manufacture 316 and 304 stainless steel wire mesh according to customers request, and most of the mesh sizes are in stock.
Any need, welcome to contact us.